Emono Dine Tare Bola Jai

emono dine Probably the last non-film album Hemantda composed and lent his voice for. (He sang only in one more film after this titled Rajnartaki (1991), 'Hari Bol Hari..' penned and composed by Bireswar Sarkar). But as they say, the flame flickers brightly before it goes off.. and rightly so, what serenity Hemantda has in his voice here! The sanctity of Rabindranathbabu's words (though I dont understand the language, but it touched deep inside for sure) is aptly depicted by Hemantda in his singing. WOW!

And certainly what an association it has been of Hemantda composing / singing Tagore songs.. started AFAIK in 1944 with 'Keno Patho E Chanchalota..' and 'Amar Aar Habe Na Deri..'.. all through the decades, this voice kept mesmerizing us.. and his tunes kept enthralling us! What a man!

P.S. I kindly request all my Bengali friends to correct me if I am wrong and certainly add their expertise over Hemantda's Rabindrasangeet.

0 comments: